The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) programme aims to develop a cadre of highly trained Caribbean business leaders who can undertake rigorous management research to enhance the competitive capacity of firms within the region.
This programme is being offered jointly by the three business schools of the University of the West Indies (UWI), namely The Cave Hill School of Business, Mona School of Business and the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business. It is academically equivalent to the Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD) and prepares candidates to provide significant research based, original contributions to management practice. This programme will facilitate the further development of the region and encourage critical research in all areas of management.
The DBA is a four (4) year programme which consists of a menu of business studies and methodological courses, two major seminars or courses drawn from a pool of complementary fields of study. It will culminate with a public defense of a 40,000 to 50,000 word dissertation.
The four (4) year programme consists of the following:
Years one and two:
- Ten (10) Compulsory, credits core courses
- Two (2) Compulsory, credits seminars
Years three and four:
- Compulsory Examination Proposal Presentation
- Defense of Dissertation
Candidates must possess:
- A strong Masters Degree with a B+ or better average within a management related discipline (MA, MSc, MBA, EMBA)
- A proven record of accomplishment at the managerial level, including access to strategic and operational data of a firm.
- An outline of your research interest
- Three references - one work reference and two academic references
- No less than three years lecturing experience at the tertiary level
- Scholastically exceptional applicants who do not satisfy the work requirement will be considered
To maintain high standards and to facilitate close supervision, the DBA intake will be restricted to small cohorts.
- All applicants being considered for acceptance shall be interviewed
- Academically exceptional students who do not possess the requisite work experience will be considered.
- Applicants should contact the CHSB at (246) 424-7731
Fee - Bds$80,000 (US$40,000)
There are three Payment Schedules for this programme.
All payment plans include costs for the following:
- Class lunch
- Mid-class refreshment