This Advanced Trainer programme is designed to provide participants with the techniques, skills and knowledge necessary to incorporate adult learning methodologies and exercises in developmental training session. Participants will be provided with a thorough explanation of the components and techniques of effectively planning, designing, executing and analyzing the effectiveness of any training initiative.
Experiential learning involves many approaches and methodologies in which trainers purposefully engage with participants in direct experience and focused reflective thinking in order to increase knowledge, develop skills and develop participant’s capacity to contribute to their own productivity.
At the conclusion of this training exercise participants will be:
- Identify the steps in the training process or cycle, starting from needs identification through to evaluation of training impact.
- Define effective objectives and their role in the design and delivery of training programmes.
- Differentiate between various training methodologies, their strengths, weaknesses and appropriateness.
- Identify strategies for creating a conducive learning environment.
- Apply techniques of facilitation, receive feedback and develop strategies to improve.
- Identify and utilize the methods of evaluating training at the 4 levels of impact.
The workshop is targeted to skilled trainers with a good understanding of basic training principles who want to improve on the techniques used to enhance their training sessions with adult learners. It also caters to those who want to broaden their knowledge of various applications that can be utilised when training a diverse group of participants.
This developmental programme is designed based on proven methods of andragogical education and the principle that people learn best through interactive learning and practice. Group activities and exercises will be utilized to provide participants with valuable insights. The programme will involve a mixture of theory and practical experience with careful review to facilitate direct learning from feedback. It will give participants the opportunity to experiment with new ideas in a safe environment.
VENUE: Conference and Training Facility, Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management, Cave Hill, Barbados
DATE: March 27-29, 2017
TIME: 9:00am – 4:30pm
PROGRAMME FEE: BDS$750.00/ US$375.00
This fee is payable by the registration deadline and covers the cost of all programme materials and profesionally catered meals(break and lunch) for each day.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Thursday16th March, 2017