Action Learning allows persons to assert control over and enhance their own leaning experience and performance.It is permanently changing how we see learning as it allows persons to understand how effective it can be for problem solving and team building.It was built on the belief that the most effective learning takes place when persons are faced with and forced to solve real problems.
Action learning is a relatively new process that involves a small group working on real problems, taking action, and learning as individuals, as a team, and as an organization. It helps organizations develop creative, flexible and successful strategies to pressing problems.
If you are interested in growing as a facilitator by incorporating additional tools and techniques while improving the productivity of individuals, teams and organization in problem identification and generation of creative ideas for its resolution then this is the programme for you.
At the conclusion of this training exercise participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an Action Learning facilitator
- Differentiate the effectiveness of Action Learning in problem solving, team building and personal development from other methods
- Gain further insights of the Learning Cycle, learning styles, and the Action Learning Cycle
- Experience the Action Learning Process by solving real problems in real time
- Appreciate how to apply action learning in a variety of situations
The following areas will be covered:
- Components of Action Learning
- Processes and Stages in Action Learning Programme
- Roles and Skills of an Effective Action Learning Facilitator
- Evaluation of Action Learning
The workshop is targeted to skilled trainers, facilitators, managers and team leaders who would like to improve on the techniques used to resolve real and urgent problems. It also caters to those who want to broaden their knowledge of various applications that can be utilised when designing and building a progressive learning organization.
This developmental programme is designed on proven methods of adult education and the principle that people learn best through interactive learning and practice. Group activities and exercises will be utilized to provide participants with valuable insight. The programme will involve a mixture of theory and practical experience with careful review to facilitate direct learning from feedback. It will give participants the opportunity to experiment with new ideas in a safe environment.
VENUE: Conference and Training Facility, Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management, Cave Hill, Barbados
DATE: March 30-31, 2017
TIME: 9:00am – 4:30pm
PROGRAMME FEE: BDS$500.00/ US$250.00
This fee is payable by the Registration Deadline and covers the cost of all programme materials and catered meals(break and lunch) for each day.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Thursday, 16th March, 2017