“Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flowcharts.
It is about one life influencing another.” – John C. Maxwell
Supervisors bridge the goals and objectives of an organization to the performance of frontline team members who interact daily with clients and customers. A successful supervisor must invest their time and energy in learning about themselves, their team, peers, and upper management – really to understand what makes each of them ‘tick’. At this level of responsibility one must be able to communicate, delegate, lead, and adapt to constant changes with a high level of efficiency to ensure success in their role.
This workshop is known for challenging and guiding its participants into becoming accomplished middle managers who have the skills to lead their direct reports and perform effectively at their level in the organization. Many who have completed the programme have been offered opportunities for upward mobility in their organizations.
By completion of this programme, you will have:
- A broader perspective on the role of a Supervisor in the success of the organization.
- Increased your analytical ability, as well as, problem solving skills using modern management tools.
- Developed an understanding of the forces that will shape the strategies, operations and performance of organizations in the future.
- Been given the opportunity to experience different perspectives through group work and presentations.
- Developed the knowledge and skills necessary to formulate clear, comprehensive strategies for your daily goals.
This workshop is intended for individuals who have a responsibility for the work of others, as they lead a team. It is suitable for people who are new to the supervisory level of the organization or who have been at that level for some time and wish to undertake a refresher programme.
In completing this programme participants will cover areas including:
- The role of the Supervisor in organizational success;
- Team dynamics and team development;
- Managing People
- Managing Individual and Team Performance
- Effective Communication skills
- Planning and Prioritizing: The Path to Time and Stress Management
This is an interactive workshop, utilizing the principles of reflective action and adult learning to ensure that participants are able to achieve the levels of growth desired. The programme content is designed for ready application; therefore participants must be ready to think of how the ideas being shared can be used in their work environment. Throughout the sessions, participants will be required to work on their own and in groups to reflect and to discuss concepts and material being covered in the programme.
Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management
Conference Facility, Cave Hill, Barbados
DATE & TIME
April 24-25, 2017
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The programme fee is payable prior to the start of the workshop and covers all course materials, and catered breaks and lunches for the duration of the workshop.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: APRIL 13th, 2017